Thank You

Thank You

3 July 2012

May-June 2012

Back to the grindstone! After a wonderful time spent in the UK, it's back to the realm of normal life in Somerset West. First and foremost, our time in the UK played out much the way we wanted it too. If you remember, I was hoping to make contact with chaplains that work in London that would be able to add insight into my PhD research. I was hopeful of this, however it did not turn out fruitful as many did not get back to me and others said that I had to pay.... So in light of that, I managed to connect with local pastors and organise interviews with them. Part of my research is exploring the pastor and lay-person's theological beliefs of suicide. I am thankful for the time spent with them and their invaluable insight that they shared with me.

Currently I am awaiting feedback from my supervisor regarding my research proposal. Once the proposal has been redefined, it will go to a committee to have it evaluated and passed. As to date I still have a few weeks of my sabbatical left to get stuck into writing and evaluating the research as well as refreshing my soul in the work that I do. I am ever so grateful that I am able to have a sabbatical.    
On the family front, Ronel and Savannah are doing well. Ronel is still playing catch-up with work photo editing, so our holiday photos remain on the back-burner! Savannah continues to be a blessing to us and continues to grow day by day.

Thank you to all who continue to support us!   
Ronel and I in a meadow at Lyme Regis
  
            Savannah feeding ducks at Regent Park.                                                     Savannah's expression when seeing a tube train for the first time.